Hello lovelies! Today I wanted to share with you my tips and tricks on how to slash your morning routine by at least 30 minutes because who doesn’t love an extra 30 minutes of sleep?
THE NIGHT BEFORE
1. Lay out tomorrow’s outfit. That way you won’t spend ages ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’ as to what to wear. Or, worse, hunting for a particular item just to find it in the dirty wash basket!
2. Pack your bag. Obviously, you’ll need to keep some things out right until you leave in the morning (phone, makeup bag etc.) but make a list of those things, so you don’t leave the house without them.
IN THE MORNING
1. Get up straight away. I think it gets harder and harder to get up the longer you stay in bed, so it’s actually easier to get up straight away. A tip is to set an alarm on your phone and charge it on the other side of the room. Then,when it goes off, you’ll have to get up to switch it off.
2. Spend less time in the shower. Harder said than done, but use the temperature setting to your advantage. Have it at a just about bearable temperature, so you don’t particularly want to stay in it any longer than you need to.
3. Simplify your makeup. Think French. Their makeup is always so pretty, so effortless and I bet you they only use a few products!
4. Spend seconds on your hair. A spritz of dry shampoo (to add volume), a pretty hair acessory and Bob’s your uncle!
5. Don’t complicate breakfast. When you’re on a tight schedule, keep it simple. For instance, porridge done in the microwave is quick and nutritious. Win, win!
So those are my tips for saving time in the morning! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and that you’ve found it helpful.
* Picture taken from We Heart It.